There’s a new number one team in the power rankings. Who could it be?
Is it the Dallas Cowboys fresh off a 38-14 win over the Redskins? Is it the New England Patriots after their 23-3 win over Buffalo? Is it the Pittsburg Steelers after their come-from-behind win over the Bengals?
You know this isn’t ESPN, so you should also know it’s none of those teams. No matter how much hype those three get, don’t get too caught up in it to see who the real teams are in this league.
The Vikings are playing the best defense in the NFL. The Saints are terrifying due to the fact that Drew Brees has a defense and a running game for the first time in his career. The Eagles lost, sure, but they’re not going anywhere. They may be the most complete team in football. The only team to slow the Rams down has been the Vikings, and they slow everyone down.
Sure, the Patriots, Cowboys and Steelers have combined for 16 Super Bowls, but that won’t influence the coverage they get from me. They can’t pay me off because I do this for free.
One more rant and I’ll be on to the rankings. I saw an argument that the Eagles weren’t any good based on the teams they’ve beaten. This made me wonder how they stacked up to the Patriots. So let’s take a look.
|Eagles Wins||Score||Opponent Record|
|New England Wins||Score||Opponent Record|
- Eagles Opponent Combined Record: 51-79 (.392)
- Patriots Opponent Combined Record: 63-75 (.457)
- Record Against Teams Above .500
- Eagles: 1-1
- Patriots: 2-1
So when you try to justify the Patriots being the best team in the league and then brush the Eagles of because they haven’t played anyone, look back at this and tell me that New England is lightyears ahead of everyone else in the league, will you? Let’s get to the rankings. I’m done ranting for now.
- Minnesota Vikings (+1) LW: 2
- Philadelphia Eagles (-1) LW: 1
- New Orleans Saints (+2) LW: 5
- Los Angeles Rams (-1) LW: 3
- New England Patriots (-1) LW: 4
- Seattle Seahawks (+3) LW: 9
- Carolina Panthers (-1) LW: 6
- Pittsburg Steelers (-1) LW: 7
- Jacksonville Jaguars (+1) LW: 10
- Atlanta Falcons (-2) LW: 8
- Los Angeles Chargers (-) LW: 11
- Baltimore Ravens (+4) LW: 16
- Tennessee Titans (-1) LW: 12
- Oakland Raiders (-) LW: 14
- New York Jets (+3) LW: 18
- Detroit Lions (-3) LW: 13
- Miami Dolphins (+6) LW: 23
- Dallas Cowboys (+2) LW: 20
- Green Bay Packers (+2) LW: 21
- Washington Redskins (-5) LW: 15
- Buffalo Bills (-4) LW: 17
- Kansas City Chiefs (-3) LW: 19
- Cincinnati Bengals (+2) LW: 25
- Chicago Bears (-) LW: 24
- Arizona Cardinals (+1) LW: 26
- Houston Texans (+1) LW: 27
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (-5) LW: 22
- Indianapolis Colts (+1) LW: 29
- San Francisco 49ers (+2) LW: 31
- Denver Broncos (-2) LW: 28
- New York Giants (-1) LW: 30
- Cleveland Browns (-) LW: 32